News & NotesFor more information about the items below, contact Yvonne Thibault at the Office of Research, 737-8251, or e-mail: email@example.com
Listed below is a selection of the funding opportunities for which information has recently been received by the Office of Research. For links to further information on these items, visit Grant Funding Opportunities on the Research website at www.mun.ca/research/overview/grant_opp.php.
• AACR Funding Opportunities Cancer Research
• AFMNet Call for Proposals – Authenticity and Traceability of Foods and Food Ingredients
• AFMNet Call for Proposals – Strategic Transition and Application of Research (STAR)
• Atlantic Metropolis Centre
• Business-led Networks of Centres of Excellence
• Campbell Collaboration Colloquium 2009
• Canada-Israel Cooperation in Agricultural Research Program 2009-2012
• Canadian Human Rights Commission Request for Proposals – Profiling
• CIHR 2009 Synapse Awards
• CIHR Doctoral Research Award: Physiotherapy and Mobility in Aging
• CIHR Master's Research Award: Physiotherapy and Mobility in Aging
• CIHR Michael Smith Prizes in Health Research: Canada's Health Researchers of the Year
• CIHR Operating Grant: Mobility in Aging
• CIHR Randomized Controlled Trials Mentoring Program
• CIHR Top Canadian Achievements in Health Research
• Canadian Soroptimist Grants for Women
• DelPHE Round 4: Call for Applications
• Goldhirsh Foundation Brain Tumor Research Awards Program
• Fulbright Visiting Research Chairs
• Grants to Support Development of Study-in-India Programmes
• Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada – Request for Proposals
• Heart and Stroke Foundation/PFC Scholarship in Physiotherapy Research
• Italian National Research Council (CNR) and Genome Canada Large-Scale Genomics Research In Human Health
• Kidney Foundation of Canada Biomedical Fellowship Competition 2009
• Kidney Research Scientist Core Education and National Training
• Molly Towell Perinatal Research Foundation
• NSERC-JSPS Postdoctoral and Invitation Fellowships
• Nature’s Legacy 2009-2010 Murre Conservation Fund
• Newfoundland and Labrador Healthy Aging Research Program
• North Pacific Research Board Gulf of Alaska Integrated Ecosystem Research Program
• Offshore Energy Environmental Research Association (OEER) Expression of Interest
• Second Workshop on Practice and Theory of IT Security
• Smithsonian Fellowships
• SSHRC Major Collaborative Research Initiatives (MCRI)
Baillie Fund – small grants program.
Canadian Institutes of Health Research – randomized controlled trials (registration).
Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation International – research grants; career development awards.
Molly Towell Perinatal Research Foundation – The Molly Towell Fellowship; operating funds to support novel and original research by young investigators; funds to support conferences that are focused on dissemination of new research data in the field of Perinatal Medicine.
Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute – grant to support development of study-in-India programmes.
Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute/Mount Allison University – summer programme in India.
Smithsonian Institution – fellowship program.
The Goldhirsh Foundation – national brain tumor research awards (letter of intent).
CIHR/Sanofi-Aventis – CANADA-HOPE Scholarship Program (registration deadline).
Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation/Atlantic Chapter – studentship awards program.
Alexander S. Onassis Public Benefit Foundation – foreigners’ fellowships programme.
National Research Council Canada – H.L. Holmes awards for postdoctoral studies.
Royal Society of Canada – Konrad Adenauer research award (Germany).
Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC) – major collaborative research initiatives (letter of intent).