News & notes
For more information about the items below, contact Yvonne Thibault at the Office of Research, 737-8251 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Listed below is a selection of the funding opportunities for which information has recently been received by the Office of Research. For links to further information on these items, visit Grant Funding Opportunities on the Research website at www.mun.ca/research/overview/grant_opp.php.
• Aid to Research Workshops and Conferences in Canada
• Alzheimer Society of Canada 2008 Research Competition
• Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Grand Challenges Explorations Grant
• Canada-India Science and Technology Cooperation Fund Call for Proposals
• CHSRF 2009 Linking Evidence to Action on Decisions (LEAD) Competition
• CHSRF Research Exchange and Impact for System Support (REISS)
• CHSRF/CIHR Postdoctoral Awards
• Canadian Hemophilia Society Call for Applications
• CIHR Catalyst Grant - Ethics
• CIHR Operating Grant - Healthy Living and Chronic Disease Prevention
• CIHR Training Grant
• Community-University Research Alliances (CURA)
• Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of Canada Grants in Aid of Research
• Dan David Prize and Scholarships
• Fulbright Awards for Research and Graduate Study in the U.S.
• Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada - Focus on Stroke VIII
• Heart and Stroke Foundation Junior Personnel Award
• 2008 Kidney Research Scientist Core Education and National Training (KRESCENT) Competition
• Klarman Family Foundation Grants Program in Eating Disorders Research
• Landon Foundation-AACR Grants
• NSERC Summer Program for Graduate Students in Japan or Taiwan
• Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute - Partnership Development Seed Grants
• Special SSHRC Call for Proposals - Research in Management, Business and Finance
• SSHRC Strategic Knowledge Clusters
• Ukrainian Resource and Development Centre Awards
Alzheimer’s Association – research grants program (letter of intent).
CNIB – Baker fellowship fund; CNIB Baker new researcher fund; CNIB Baker applied research fund; Barbara Tuck/MacPhee Family Vision Research Award.
Canada Council for the Arts – Molson prizes.
James McKeen Cattell Fund – sabbatical award.
Deafness Research Foundation – research grants (Letter of Intent).
Imperial Oil Limited – university research awards.
Manning Awards Foundation – Manning innovation awards.
Memorial University, Office of Research – Petro-Canada young innovator award.
National Kidney Foundation (US) – young investigator grant; clinical scientist award; research fellowship award.
National Cancer Institute of Canada – student travel awards
Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study fellowship program (natural sciences and mathematics).
Royal Society of Canada – McNeil medal for the public awareness of science.
Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute – Shastri Millennium development research grants.
Wenner-Gren Foundation for Anthropological Research Inc.– conference and workshop grants; international collaborative research grants.
Canada Council for the Arts – John G. Diefenbaker award.
Canadian Psychiatric Research Foundation – CPRF awards (full proposals).