News and NotesFor more information about the items below, contact the Office of Research, 737-8251.
Listed below is a selection of the funding opportunities for which information has recently been received by the Office of Research. For links to further information on these items, visit Grant Funding Opportunities on the Research website at www.mun.ca/research/overview/grant_opp.php.
- UICC Yamagiwa-Yoshida Memorial International Cancer Study Grants
- Shastri Institute Scholar Travel Subsidy Grant
- Breast Cancer Research Foundation – AACR Grant for Translational Breast Cancer Research
- Cystic Fibrosis Research Grant - Letter of Intent
- NSERC/NRCan/AECL Generation IV Energy Technologies Grant Program
- SSHRC Standard Research Grants Program – Notification of Intent to Apply
- CIHR’s Regional Partnership Program – Call for Letters of Intent
- The Lawson Foundation – Diabetes Funding Opportunity
- Heart and Stroke Foundation Awards
- Shastri Institute Millennium Development Goals Research Grant
Imminent DeadlinesSept. 1
- Alcoholic Beverage Medical Research Foundation - grants for alcohol research.
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research - proof of principle program (letter of intent).
- Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of Canada - innovations in IBD research: a special competition.
- National Cancer Institute of Canada - student travel award.
- Human Frontier Science Program - long-term fellowships; cross disciplinary fellowships.