News & notes
For more information about the items below, contact the Office of Research, 737-8251.
Listed below is a selection of the funding opportunities for which information has recently been received by the Office of Research. For links to further information on these items, visit Grant Funding Opportunities on the Research website at www.mun.ca/research/overview/grant_opp.php.
• Aid to Research Workshops and Conferences in Canada
• Burroughs Wellcome Fund – Preterm Birth Initiative
• CIHR Emerging Team Grant: Co-morbidity of Brain Disorders and Other Health Problems
• CIHR Grants: Meetings, Planning and Dissemination (Various Institutes)
• CIHR Knowledge Synthesis Grant
• CIHR Operating Grant: Boys’ and Men’s Health
• CIHR Team Grant: China-Canada Collaborative Teams in Health Research
• CIHR Team Grant: Terry Fox New Frontiers Program in Cancer
• Government of Canada New Horizons for Seniors Program
• Heart and Stroke Foundation Operating Grant: Prevention of Cardiovascular and Respiratory Diseases
• Janeway Research Advisory Committee – Letters of Intent
• NSERC Collaborative Health Research Projects Program
• NSERC Collaborative Research and Training Experience (CREATE) Program
• NSERC Major Resources Support Program
• NSERC Strategic Network Grants Program
• PRAC Call for Proposals – Offshore Environmental Technologies
Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (US) – clinical research awards (letter of intent).
Janeway Children’s Hospital Foundation – research proposals for child based research grants (letter of intent).
Memorial University, Office of Research – salary-based research grants program (re-designation of salary).
North Atlantic Treaty Organization , NATO Science for Peace and Security Program –advanced study institutes; advanced research workshops; collaborative linkage grants; advanced training courses; science for peace projects.
Wenner-Gren Foundation for Anthropological Research Inc. – conference and workshop grants; international collaborative research grants.
National Institutes of Health (US) – new research grants.
The Charles A. and Anne Morrow Lindbergh Foundation – Lindbergh grants program.
Canada Council for the Arts – Killam prizes (nominations).
Muscular Dystrophy Association (US) – research grants program (letter of intent).
Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute – India studies fellowships programme.