News and NotesFor more information about the items below, contact Elizabeth Noseworthy at the Office of Research, 737-8251, or e-mail: email@example.com.
Listed below is a selection of the funding opportunities for which information has recently been received by the Office of Research. For links to further information on these items, visit Grant Funding Opportunities on the Research website at www.mun.ca/research/overview/grant_opp.php.
• 2008-09 Research Program of the American Lung Association
• CIHR Catalyst Grant: Maternal and Child Health
• CIHR Chair: Neurosciences and Mental Health (The EJLB-CIHR Michael Smith Chair in Neurosciences and Mental Health)
• CIHR Institute of Nutrition, Metabolism and Diabetes Travel Awards
• CIHR Operating Grant Program
• CIHR Operating Grant – Health Living and Chronic Disease Prevention
• CIHR Operating Grant: Maternal and Child Health
• CIHR Proof of Principle Program
• CIHR Regional Partnership Program
• Heart and Stroke Foundation Awards
• Inter-American Collaboration in Materials Research (CIAM)
• MITACS Project Proposals
• NSERC Michael Smith Awards for Science Promotion
• NSERC PromoScience Grants
• ONCE International R & D Award in New Technologies for the Blind and Visually Impaired
• 2009 Scleroderma Foundation Research Grant Announcement
• SSHRC International Opportunities Fund
• SSHRC Standard Research Grants Program
• Vascular Cognitive Impairment Grants
Burroughs Wellcome Fund – career awards for medical scientists; clinical scientist awards in translational research.
Canadian Cystic Fibrosis Foundation – clinic incentive grants; clinical fellowship; transplant centre incentive grants; research grant; scholarships; fellowships; studentships.
Cancer Research Institute (New York) – Irvington Institute fellowship program.
Memorial University, Office of Research – salary-based research grants program (re-designation of salary).
Memorial University, J.R. Smallwood Foundation for Newfoundland and Labrador Studies – conference grants; research grants.
Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada – biomedical research grants; clinical and population health research grants; career development awards; postdoctoral fellowships and studentships.
Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study – fellowship program (creative arts, humanities and social sciences).
University of Cambridge, Centre of African Studies – African studies visiting research fellowships scheme.
Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars – fellowships.
Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council – Bora Laskin national fellowship in human rights research.
National Board of Medical Examiners – Stemmler medical education research fund (call for proposals).
National Institutes of Health (US) – new research grants.
Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council, Strategic Research Grants – research development initiatives.
Association of Registered Nurses of Newfoundland and Labrador Education and Research Trust – research awards; Violet D. Ruelokke primary health care award.
Canadian Breast Cancer Research Alliance – CBCRA operating grant.
Chiang Ching-Kuo Foundation for International Scholarly Exchange – research grants; grants for scholars; doctoral fellowships.
Kidney Foundation of Canada – biomedical research grant; biomedical fellowship; biomedical scholarship; allied health research grant.
National Cancer Institute of Canada – research grants.
Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council – standard research grants (application).
Stanford Humanities Center – external faculty fellowships.
Alexander von Humboldt Foundation – TransCoop programme.
Alzheimer Society of Canada Research Program – research grants; training awards.
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation – external research program.