News and NotesFor more information about the items below, contact Elizabeth Noseworthy at the Office of Research, 737-8251, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Listed below is a selection of the funding opportunities for which information has recently been received by the Office of Research. For links to further information on these items, visit Grant Funding Opportunities on the Research website at www.mun.ca/research/overview/grant_opp.php.
• Breast Cancer Research Foundation-AACR Grant for Translational Breast Cancer Research
• Business-led Networks of Centres of Excellence
• CIHR Operating Grant - Healthy Living and Chronic Disease Prevention
• CIHR Catalyst Grant - Planning and Development in Mental Health and Addiction in the Workplace
• CIHR’s Regional Partnership Program
• Centres of Excellence for Commercialization and Research (CECR)
• Inter-American Collaboration in Materials Research (CIAM)
• PRAC Asset Integrity in Atlantic Canada
• SSHRC Standard Research Grants Program
• Susan G. Komen for the Cure-AACR Outstanding Investigator Award for Breast Cancer Research
• Vice-President’s Grants Committee
Alcoholic Beverage Medical Research Foundation – grants for alcohol research.
Association of Commonwealth Universities – ACU titular fellowships (candidates must be nominated by executive head of university).
Canadian Institutes of Health Research – randomized control trials (full application).
Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of Canada – innovations in IBD research: a special competition.
Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada – grants-in-aid; new investigator award; career investigator award.
National Cancer Institute of Canada – student travel award.
Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council – Michael Smith award for science promotion (call for nominations).
American Lung Association – biomedical research grant; clinical patient care research grant; social-behavioral research grant; career investigator award; lung health dissertation grant; senior research training fellowship; nursing post-doctoral award; Dalsemer research grant.
American Lung Association/LAM Foundation – research grant; career investigator award.
Human Frontier Science Program – long-term fellowships; cross-disciplinary fellowships.
National Multiple Sclerosis Society (U.S.) – postdoctoral fellowships; senior faculty awards.