News and NotesFor more information about the items below, contact Elizabeth Noseworthy at the Office of Research, 737-8251, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Listed below is a selection of the funding opportunities for which information has recently been received by the Office of Research. For links to further information on these items, visit Grant Funding Opportunities on the Research website at www.mun.ca/research/overview/grant_opp.php.
• Canadian Hemophilia Society/Association of
Hemophilia Clinic Directors of Canada Homeostasis
• Canadian Orthopaedic Foundation's Research Grants/Awards
• CFI Leading Edge and New Initiative Funds
• CIHR Catalyst Grant: Prevention and Treatment of Illicit Substance Use
• CIHR Doctoral Research Award: Physiotherapy and Mobility in Aging
• CIHR Grant: Gender, Mental Health and Addictions
• CIHR Grants: Meetings, Planning and Dissemination
• CIHR Operating Grant - Healthy Living and Chronic Disease Prevention
• Heart and Stroke Foundation of Ontario Endowed Chair in Population Health Research
• Janeway Research Advisory Committee
• NSERC Collaborative Research and Training
Experience (CREATE) Program
• NSERC Strategic Network Grants Program
• PRAC Asset Integrity in Atlantic Canada
International Union Against Cancer – Yamagiwa-Yoshida memorial UICC international cancer study grants.
Canadian Blood Services – postodoctoral fellowship.
Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation International – research grants; career development awards.
Rhodes University – Hugh Kelly fellowship.