News and NotesFor more information about the items below, contact Elizabeth Noseworthy at the Office of Research, 737-8251, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Listed below is a selection of the funding opportunities for which information has recently been received by the Office of Research. For links to further information on these items, visit Grant Funding Opportunities on the Research website at www.mun.ca/research/overview/grant_opp.php.
• Aid to Research Workshops and Conferences in Canada
• CFI Leading Edge and New Initiative Funds Competition 2009
• Canadian Hemophilia Society/Association of Hemophilia Clinic Directors of Canada Homeostasis Fellowship Award
• CIHR Catalyst Grant: Prevention and Treatment of Illicit Substance Use
• CIHR Doctoral Research Award: Physiotherapy and Mobility in Aging
• CIHR Grants: Meetings, Planning and Dissemination
• CIHR Grant: Gender, Mental Health and Addictions
• CIHR HIV/AIDS Population Health and Health Services
• CIHR Operating Grant - Healthy Living and Chronic Disease Prevention
• CIHR Synthesis Grant: Knowledge Translation
• CIHR Team Grant: Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment
• Canadian Orthopaedic Foundation's Research Grants/Awards
• Government of Canada New Horizons for Seniors Program
• Heart and Stroke Foundation of Ontario Endowed Chair in Population Health Research
• The Kidney Foundation of Canada - Postdoctoral Fellowship Competition
• The Kidney Foundation of Canada - Special Postdoctoral Fellowship Competition
• NSERC Major Resources Support Program – 2009 Competition
• NSERC Strategic Network Grants Program
• Secondary Stroke Prevention Health Services and Care Team Grants
• Tri-Agency Partnership on Knowledge Syntheses on the Environment
Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (US) – clinical research awards (letter of intent).
Memorial University, Office of Research – salary-based research grants program (re-designation of salary).
Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada – Brockhouse Canada prize for interdisciplinary research in science and engineering (nomination).
North Atlantic Treaty Organization Programme for Science for Peace and Security – advanced study institutes; advanced research workshops; collaborative linkage grants; advanced training course; science for peace projects. Wenner-Gren Foundation for Anthropological Research Inc. – conference and workshop grants; international collaborative research grants.
Canadian Institutes of Health Research – partnership award (nomination).
National Institutes of Health (US) – new research grants.
The Charles A. and Anne Morrow Lindbergh Foundation – Lindbergh grants program.
Muscular Dystrophy Association (US) – research grants program (request for grant application).
National Cancer Institute of Canada – program project grants (letter of intent).
Canada Council for the Arts – Killam prizes (nominations).
Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute – India studies fellowships programme.