Professional Development Information
Women in Leadership: Recognizing and Strengthening Your Advantages
Prepare for a leadership role by understanding the challenges faced by women, discovering your strengths, and building confidence that will positively impact your career.
This interactive 1-day seminar increases understanding of how the leadership journey may differ for women. Attendees will gain awareness of the challenges and opportunities facing women interested in leadership positions. Focused on the areas of (1) how leadership style may be perceived when enacted by a woman, (2) the double bind faced by women, (3) navigating the work-life interface, and (4) developing confidence in your identity as a leader this seminar allows participants the opportunity to explore fundamental issues regarding leadership for women. Using self-assessment feedback and discussion, participants will create individualized plans for leadership development that incorporate solutions to their potential barriers.
- Understand where women as a group stand in terms of occupying leadership roles and why change is so slow
- Discover your personal leadership strengths and how gender can influence the perception of these strengths
- Define and explore the qualities and behaviours of effective leaders
- Learn how gender influences the perception of these leader qualities and behaviours and what this means for women in, or aspiring to, leadership roles
- Discuss challenges for women & identify solutions (individual, organizational, and societal) to moving into a leadership role
- Create an individualized leadership development plan that incorporates solutions to potential barriers
- Discover your leadership strengths
- Develop a plan and goals for your career
- Advance in your leadership journey
- Develop high potential employees
- Prepare for Succession Planning
- Encourage leadership advancement in all employees
Who Should Attend
Women who are in, or aspire to, organizational leadership roles.