Professional Development Information
Women in Leadership: Leading Practices for Organizations
Learn how to increase the number of women in leadership roles in your organization by gaining a better understanding of the barriers that women face and discover actions that can mitigate these obstacles.
This interactive one day seminar is designed to allow decision makers in organizations to understand what they can do differently in order to increase the number of women in their leadership ranks. Focused on evidence-based leading practices (both organizational and management), participants will walk away from this session with actions they can take to increase the number of women in leadership roles in their organizations.
- Explore the business case for promoting women into leadership roles
- Understand the facts of where women as a group are in terms of leadership roles
- Explore the barriers that women face, and the types of organizational and management practices that can mitigate these barriers
- Understand evidence-based policies and practices that promote women into leadership roles
- Compare what your organization is doing now, with what it could be doing differently
- Create a plan for your organization to promote more women into leadership roles
- Awareness of the issues women face in aspiring to leadership roles
- Make better hiring and promotion decisions
- Know how to encourage and develop women who are high potential talent
- Leverage and develop your best talent
- Create more diversity in the leadership ranks
- Prepare for succession planning
- Create a more equal opportunity workplace
Who Should Attend
Leaders in any organization who influence and/or are interested in policies and practices that promote women into leadership roles.