Professional Development Information
Privacy: It's Your Business
Ensure you are complying with privacy and data collection laws that govern the collection and use of personal information gathered from customers and employees.
As consumers, clients, customers, citizens and patients, people are increasingly concerned about their privacy where their personal information is ending up, whos using it, and for what purpose. Companies and organizations need to ensure their business practices comply with privacy and data protection laws. This seminar will set you on track to protect the privacy of your most important assets the customers and clients you serve and the employees who make your organization work.
- Take away privacy tools that you can put into practice right away
- Know what you can and cant do with employee and customer information
- Know what you need to communicate to customers when collecting personal information from them
- Understand that your organization is accountable for the protection of the personal information in its control
- Learn how to ensure your organization is in compliance with the latest privacy and data collection laws
Who Should Attend
Executives, business owners, information technology and information management experts, human resources practitioners, managers and leaders in the public and private sectors, professionals in the fields of law, accounting, and others who would like to be more privacy-savvy.
Participants will improve their understanding and application of privacy and data collection laws and practices through professional development in:
- Understanding the 10 fundamental principles of privacy protection
- How to develop a privacy plan for your business
- Making your contractual relationships privacy-prepared
- Knowing the top privacy risks faced by Canadian businesses
Continuing Education Contact Hours: 7