Facilitation Skills Training: Getting the Most Out of Group Discussions
Learn how to draw out and process input from a group to move discussions and ideas forward.
Facilitation Skills Training teaches participants how to facilitate goal-oriented meetings and discussions through planning, collaboration and consensus. The seminar teaches meeting management techniques (timekeeping, following an agreed-upon agenda, and keeping a clear record). It also teaches participants how to lead group discussions by using effective listening skills and paraphrasing, guiding the conversation, and balancing group participation. The highly interactive seminar is limited to twelve participants to maximize learning and classroom participation.
This is a module in the Business Communication Program.
- Strengthen facilitation skills
- Learn practical facilitation tools and strategies
- Understand how to effectively manage information flow and achieve results
- Build professional image
- Learn from the experiences of other participants
- Improve organizational effectiveness
- Practice facilitation and receive immediate evaluation
- Introduce strategies to help improve employee productivity and communications
- Build an effective and confident team of facilitators and decision makers
- Encourage more focused, productive discussions
- Use effective meeting management techniques to help achieve organizational goals
Who Should Attend
Managers, supervisors, team leaders, and professionals who want to improve their effectiveness in managing and facilitating group discussion sessions.
Improve your meeting management and facilitation skills through professional development in:
- Understanding the difference between a facilitator and trainer role
- Understanding the facilitation process: before, during, and after
- Recognizing the importance of varied communication and learning styles
- Developing techniques to ensure meaningful contribution occurs
- Learning how to use feedback techniques
- Identifying common facilitation challenges and techniques to overcome them
Continuing Education Contact Hours: 14