Contracts / Tender Awards
A Travel Agreement has been set up with Provincial Airlines www.provincialairlines.com for Memorial University for the period February 3, 2012 to December 31, 2013.
Contact/booking can be made directly with Provincial Airlines by calling 576-1666 or 1-800-563-2800 from Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. This number will direct clients to designated corporate reservation agents who will assist you with the reservation. Outside of these days/hours, you can still call either of these numbers, but you will reach one of Provincial Airlines’ Leisure agents instead. You will have to give the contract number to receive these contracted rates. The NFI (Nav-Canada, fuel and insurance) surcharge of $45.00 per ticket each way will be added to the contract prices.
Booking can be made through Harvey's Travel or Legrows Travel, and both of these agencies have the contract number. Please remind the agent to ensure they use the Memorial University contract number.
The contract number and the contract itself are confidential to the University, its SIE's and the Marine Institute, so please treat it as such. Please contact Juanita Wade at 864-8222 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for the contract number or details of the contract.
A Corporate Airfare Agreement has been established between Porter Airlines and Memorial University for the period of December 12, 2011 to December 12, 2012.
Bookings must be made directly with a local Harvey's Travel or LeGrow's Travel agency. Both agencies have been notified of the Corporate Airfare Agreement.
The agreement is confidentiral between the University, its SIE's and the Marine Institute, so please treat it as such.
For more information please visit www.flyporter.com
The Airline of the North
A Corporate Agreement has been established between First Air and Memorial University of Newfoundland. First Air offers service to Ottawa, Montreal, Winnipeg and Edmonton, for either visiting or to connect to northern communities in Canada. Examples of communities frequently travelled are: Iqaluit and Pangnirtung.
You can book on line at www.firstair.ca and enter the promo code in the promo box or by calling 1-800-267-1247 reservation line and giving the group number.
The promo code and the group number are confidential between the University, its SIE's and the Marine Institute, so please treat it as such. You can obtain the code and group number from Juanita Wade, Financial and Administrative Services, email@example.com or Fred Christian-Quinton, Marine Institute, FredCQ@mi.mun.ca .
For more information, please visit www.firstair.ca.
Awards for Office Supplies
The university, in cooperation with the Central Purchasing Authority of the Provincial Government, has tendered for various office commodities and the successful bidders are as follows:
1. The successful bid for the office supplies contract was Staples Advantage for the period July 1, 2011 to May 31, 2014. To order, please click on E-way.ca. The university is obligated to order from Staples Advantage for the contract items. You will note the university has included 495 items on the contract this time around. For non-contract items, you should obtain quotes from the various suppliers in accordance with our Purchasing Policy.
2. Remanufactured laser printer cartridges and fax cartridges: Kel-Tech Laser Inc. - April 30, 2010 - April 30, 2013.
Kel-Tech Laser Inc. prices are subject to purchasing two cartridges. If only one cartridge is purchased, a freight charge will be added. Also, the prices are based on the return of empty cartridges. Please call (709) 726-2629 for pick-up. Defective cartridges need to have the guarantee/RMA sheet (which is included with every toner) filled out and faxed to Kel-Tech prior to them replacing any defective units.
Kel-Tech (remanufactured laser printer cartridges and fax cartridges) order forms will remain the same.
4. New ink jet cartridges: Triware Technologies - May 1, 2012 - April 30, 2013.
5. Bond copy paper: Spicers Canada, effective August 1, 2012 - July 31, 2014.
New order forms for purchasing bond paper can be picked-up at A2022 or by contacting 864-7529 or online bond paper order form.
Order forms that are no longer in use from last fiscal year should be returned to , Stores Clerk I, Financial and Administrative Services, A-2022.
6. New laser printer cartridges: Triware Technologies Inc. - May 1, 2012 to April 30, 2013.
7. New Laser Fax Supplies for Thermal Fax Machines: Triware Technologies Inc. - May 1, 2012 to April 30, 2013.
8. Cisco Products: Softchoice Unis Lumin - July 31, 2013.
9. Filing Cabinets: Grand & Toy LTD – October 1st, 2012 – September 30th, 2014.
Please ensure you use the supplier listed above for the appropriate commodity as the university has communicated certain volumes to these suppliers in the request for tender. As well, the university has contractual obligations to use these companies for tendered items.