Contracts / Tender Awards
LeGrow's Business Travel Management Program
A travel management agreement has been established with LeGrow's Travel for Memorial University travel. The agreement provides discounted agency fees and assists with pricing for travel, with one of several Memorial dedicated LeGrows's Travel agents or by using the LeGrow's Concur website booking tool. Please call 758-3330 or email email@example.com to book your travel.
In order to improve and enhance efficiencies of the Memorial University Travel Program, LeGrow’s Travel provides an online corporate self-service reservation tool called Concur that is specifically customized for Memorial University travellers and travel arrangers to use for making airline, hotel and car rental reservations. This allows travellers and travel arrangers to book travel online and will automatically apply special university and government negotiated contracts as well as personal traveller preferences.
This booking platform is designed to:
- Give travellers control over their travel preferences and options with “anytime, anywhere” access to self-service travel reservations capabilities;
- Allow the university to realize significant cost savings through the use of preferred vendors while tracking volumes for future travel provider negotiations; also
- Enable travellers to also have counsellor assistance, if required, 24 hours a day, anywhere in the world.
Provincial Airlines Limited
A Corporate Airfare Agreement has been established with Provincial Airlines www.provincialairlines.com for Memorial University for the period November 4, 2013 to November 3, 2015. Offering discounted airfare for University travel.
Booking can be made through Legrows Travel Agency, at 758-3330 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Airline of the North
A Corporate Agreement has been established between First Air and Memorial University of Newfoundland. First Air offers service to Ottawa, Montreal, Winnipeg and Edmonton, for either visiting or to connect to northern communities in Canada. Examples of communities frequently travelled are: Iqaluit and Pangnirtung.
You can book on line at www.firstair.ca and enter the promo code in the promo box or by calling 1-800-267-1247 reservation line and giving the group number.
The promo code and the group number are confidential between the University, its SIE's and the Marine Institute, so please treat it as such. You can obtain the code and group number from Juanita Wade, Financial and Administrative Services, email@example.com or Fred Christian-Quinton, Marine Institute, FredCQ@mi.mun.ca .
For more information, please visit www.firstair.ca.
A Corporate Agreement has been established between Aviscar (AVIS) Inc. and Memorial University of Newfoundland expiring August 15, 2016 for domestic and international rentals. The negotiated program is available for your Business or Leisure rentals. The corporate rate program can be obtained by booking through LeGrow's Travel Agency, at 758-3330 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Avis Reservations at 1–800-879-2847 or online at www.avis.com
Please contact Juanita (8222) or Melanie (8221) for the corporate account number. This number must be quoted when booking in order to obtain corporate pricing.
A Corporate Agreement has been established between Budgetcar (BUDGET) Inc. and Memorial University of Newfoundland expiring August 15, 2016 for domestic and international rentals. The negotiated program is available for your Business or Leisure rentals. The corporate rate program can be obtained by booking through Legrow's Travel Agency at 758-3330 or email@example.com, Budget Reservations at 1–800-268-8900 or online at www.budget.com
Awards for Office Supplies
The university, in cooperation with the Central Purchasing Authority of the Provincial Government, has tendered for various office commodities and the successful bidders are as follows:
1. The successful bid for the office supplies contract was Staples Advantage for the period September 1, 2014 - August 31, 2016. To order, please click on E-way.ca. The university is obligated to order from Staples Advantage for the contract items. You will note the university has included over 600 items on the contract this time around. For non-contract items, you should obtain quotes from the various suppliers in accordance with our Purchasing Policy.
2. Bond copy paper: Spicers Canada, effective August 1, 2014 - July 31, 2015.
New order forms for purchasing bond paper can be picked-up at A2022 or by contacting 864-7529 or online bond paper order form.
Order forms that are no longer in use from last fiscal year should be returned to , Stores Clerk I, Financial and Administrative Services, A-2022.
3. New laser printer cartridges: Triware Technologies Inc. - May 1, 2012 to July 31, 2015.
4. New Laser Fax Supplies for Thermal Fax Machines: Triware Technologies Inc. - May 1, 2012 to July 31, 2015.
5. Cisco Products: Softchoice Unis Lumin - July 31, 2015.
6. Filing Cabinets: Grand & Toy LTD – October 1st, 2012 – September 30th, 2015.
Please ensure you use the supplier listed above for the appropriate commodity as the university has communicated certain volumes to these suppliers in the request for tender. As well, the university has contractual obligations to use these companies for tendered items.