- The University, as a general policy, does not prepay for services or purchases. However, under exceptional circumstances, and with advance approval by the Director of Financial and Administrative Services in accordance with (b) below, the prepayment will be considered.
- The Director of Financial and Administrative Services will
authorize prepayments under any of the following circumstances:
- The amount is less than $200.
- The supplier has provided an irrevocable standby letter of credit.
- The supplier has provided a credit reference from its banker satisfactory to the Director of Financial and Administrative Services.
- The supplier is a government agency that requires advance payment prior to completion of the sale.
To expedite the processing of prepayments, the department must forward the purchase order and supporting documentation to the attention of the Director of Financial and Administrative Services prior to the release of the purchase order. When the Director is satisfied as to the documentation, the order will be approved and returned to the originator for processing.