Office of Faculty Relations
The Office of Faculty Relations is responsible for the negotiation and administration of collective agreements for faculty, per course instructors and teaching assistants.
1. Memorial University of Newfoundland and Memorial University of Newfoundland Faculty Association (MUNFA), February 26, 2010 - August 31, 2013.
2. Memorial University of Newfoundland and Memorial University of Newfoundland Faculty Association (MUNFA), December 13, 2007 - August 31, 2009.
3. Memorial University of Newfoundland and Lecturers' Union of Memorial University of Newfoundland (LUMUN), February 5, 2009 - August 31, 2012.
4. Memorial University of Newfoundland and Teaching Assistant's Union of Memorial University of Newfoundland (TAUMUN), July 8, 2010 - August 31, 2013.
As well, we deal with any and all labour relations matters arising out of our collective bargaining relationships with MUNFA, LUMUN and TAUMUN, including grievance and arbitration proceedings and Labour Relations Board matters.
- We are involved in all aspects of the employment of academic staff. We make per course, extra teaching, and contractual academic appointments less than one year.
- We set the starting salaries of all academic personnel, and we determine eligibility for leaves.
- We are here to provide advice, assistance, and education in all matters involving faculty, including the recruitment process, promotion and tenure, discipline, sabbatical, and administrative leave eligibility, and all collective agreement matters.
- Additionally, we provide immigration assistance and advice for arriving faculty and staff, orientation opportunities for new faculty, and provide educational opportunities for academic administrators.
- We are also involved in policy development, implementation and administration.