Professional English Program (PEP)
This new program, established in 2012, focuses on the development of communication and soft skills for the Canadian workplace. Each communications course will address the specific language needs of the particular profession, whether it is listening, speaking, pronunciation, or writing, all at the advanced level. In addition, the ability to use language in a socially and culturally appropriate way will be developed to assist with fuller workplace integration.
Communications for Internationally-Educated Engineers
- focuses on workplace rather than academic language
- addresses cultural as well as language challenges to workplace integration
- is specific to engineering professionals
- is available to clients across the province through online delivery
- consists of 5 modules (each 7 weeks in duration, with 30-35 hours required per module)
Course Schedule for 2013-14
|Sept - Oct||1||The Engineering Profession and Workplace in Canada|
|Nov - Dec||2||Oral Communication Skills|
|Jan - Feb||3||Written Communication Skills|
|Mar - Apr||4||How to Hire and Be Hired for the Diverse Workplace|
|May - June||5||Socio - Cultural Competency Skills|
How to Apply
To apply submit the following
- PEP application form
- proof of permanent residency status
- proof of English language proficiency (IELTS, TOEFL or CLB)
- A mandatory $200 non-refundable registration fee covers the costs of 2 textbooks and online technical support.
- No additional course tuition is required for those with permanent resident status as their seats are fully funded by Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
Your complete application and $200 registration fee must be received by August 23, 2013.
To apply, submit the following documentation:
- PEP application form
- The course fee is $2,400 which includes a $200 non-refundable registration fee.
- Last day to drop the program with a refund of tuition is the end of week 2.
- Last day to drop for a 50% refund is the end of week 4. No refunds can be made after this date.
Your complete application and $2,400 course fee must be received by August 23, 2013
Send your application and payment (payable to ESL, Memorial University) to:
English as a Second Language Programs
Spencer Hall, 3rd floor
St. John's, NL