The Jeroboam and Gregory J. Power Awards for Poetry
The Jeroboam and Gregory J. Power Awards for Poetry were presented at a ceremony hosted by the Department of English in the Junior Common Room on April 8, 2009.
- This year's winners are Randy Drover*, who was awarded The Jeroboam Poetry Prize (for a poem on a Newfoundland or Labrador theme) for "Ugjoktok - 1940"
- Lynette Adams, who took first place in the Gregory J. Power Award for her poem "The Second Sight"
- Randy Drover, again, who received the second place Power Award for The Barber's Apprentice
- Kyle Carpenter, with the third place Power Award, for "Ferrying"
- Nigel Jenkins, with an honourable mention in the Power Award, for "Twilight"
Go to http://www.mun.ca/marcomm/podcasts/ to hear the poets reading their work.
* Randy Drover of St. John's also won the national 2009 CBC Poetry Face-off.