The First Engineered Iron Bridge, in Ironbridge (UK) , 2009.
Professor (Mechanical Engineering)
Petro-Canada Young Innovator, 2004
- Simulation Tools
- Research Interests
My principal research interests are broadly captured by the following three areas:
- Complex Internal Flows
- Electronics Cooling and Packaging
- Thermal Design and Optimization of Energy Systems
Most of my student research work is conducted in my personal research lab:
- Microfluidics and Multiphase Flow Research Laboratory
Currently my research is supported by:
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC)
- Industral Research and Innovation Fund (IRIF, Government of Newfoundland and Labrador)
- INCO Innovation Center (IIC)
- Center for Marine Compressed Natural Gas (CNG)
- TAT Technologies Inc.
I am always looking for exceptional students interested in the above research areas, at both the Masters and Doctoral level. If you are interested, you must apply through the School of Graduate Studies. I only accept students who qualify for School of Graduate Studies (SGS) Fellowships, or those who are supported through external fellowships such as NSERC or foreign government study fellowships. Top up funds for fellowship holders are available, but are limited.