Using the collections of the English Language Research Centre, researchers have produced a number of volumes that document Newfoundland and Labrador lexicography, toponymy and onomastics.
In addition, the Centre publishes an occasional periodical, Regional Language Studies... Newfoundland (RLS).
For more information on each, and to access back issues of RLS, click on the links below.
- The Avalon Peninsula of Newfoundland: An Ethno-linguistic Study (1968)
- Place Names of the Avalon Peninsula of the Island of Newfoundland (1971)
- Family Names of the Island of Newfoundland (1977, 1998)
- Dictionary of Newfoundland English (1982; 2nd ed. with supplement 1990)
- Reminiscences of James P. Howley: Selected Years (1997)
- Place Names of the Northern Peninsula (2000)
- J. P. Howley's Reminiscences of Forty-Two Years of Exploration in and About Newfoundland (2010)
- An Album of James P. Howley's Photographs (2010)
- Regional Language Studies... Newfoundland (1968 - )