The Field Services Office co-ordinates in-school experiences for students, providing opportunities to connect and integrate theory and practice. It is also responsible for organizing teacher recruitment fairs and administering the Rural Internship and the Parks Canada Travelling Institute. Additional information on these experiences is provided to students during their program.
There are two major field-based experiences:
Early Field Experience Observation Day Component (non B I/S)
- Undergraduate Education Internship
NOTE: Students are required to have a Certificate of Conduct prior to commencing in school placements. Click here for information on the process.
ABOUT YOUR OBSERVATION DAYS
Classroom Observation Exercise
- Observation Day Guideline Booklet (non B I/S - includes schedule of dates)
NOTE: SCHOOL LOCATIONS AND REGISTRATION AVAILABLE SHORTLY
ABOUT YOUR INTERNSHIP
Students may avail of a variety of internship options including:
- Newfoundland and Labrador School Districts. http://www.ed.gov.nl.ca/edu/k12/schoolsdistricts/districts.html
- National and International. The Field Services Office may arrange internships in Canadian provinces other than Newfoundland and Labrador as requested. In addition, arrangements for internships in an international location may be made for interns with a specific request.
- Harlow Campus. Internships are facilitated by the Faculty of Education through the Essex County Education Office. Residing at Memorial's Harlow Campus, interns are placed in local Harlow Schools. Interns pay regular tuition fees in addition to costs for airfare, housing and meals. http://myschoolholidays.com/Harlow-2011-2012
- British International School, Phuket, Thailand (not presently offered). http://www.bisphuket.ac.th/
Please access our internship E-Resources