This four day Institute will bring together up to 70 people who are involved
in adult literacy research in practice. The event builds on previous Canadian
consultations about literacy research and will draw from current endeavors
to support research in practice in Canada and elsewhere. The gathering
will be of interest to new and experienced researchers in the adult literacy
field, including literacy teachers, facilitators or program coordinators
and university-based and independent researchers.
- To build on previous research in practice events and extend
the research in practice networks, particularly in Atlantic Canada.
- To provide opportunities for researchers in practice from various
settings to engage in dialogue, in order to share and build knowledge
about literacy research in practice.
- To continue to develop concepts / models of literacy research
- To provide opportunities for researchers in practice to develop
and extend their skills / knowledge of research.
- To strengthen capacity for qualitative research in adult literacy
practice in the country.
- To link with related research in practice efforts.
For related information, check the following web sites:
Faculty of Education,
Memorial University of Newfoundland
City of St.
May 26, 2003
|Web-Page Comments: Webmaster
© Copyright 2003 Faculty of Education,