- PhD project focused on the biogeochemical cycling of elements and biomarkers at active sites of serpentinization.
- Graduate research assistantships in contaminant hydrogeology and aqueous environmental geochemistry for PhD students
- Ore Deposits Geochemistry - M.Sc.
- As part of the Geophysical Research Programs component of the Inco Innovation Centre / Atlantic Innovation Fund Project. Possible projects are case histories of using modern inversion techniques for potential field data; development of 3-D inversion algorithms for models with sharp interfaces; and the investigation and development of joint seismic - gravity/magnetic inversion strategies. These projects would be in the context of the data-sets available from, or to be acquired at, Voisey's Bay.
- New techniques for the numerical modelling and inversion of geophysical electromagnetic data
- Boreal Watershed Biogeochemistry
- Canadian Mining Industry Research Organization (CAMIRO) Funded Ph.D. Research Studentship Opportunity to start in January 2011. Sedimentary setting and hydrothermal system reconstruction, geochemistry, isotopic, and micro-analysis of black shale and hydrothermal sedimentary rocks in volcanogenic massive sulfide (VMS) deposits of the Central Mobile Belt, Newfoundland Appalachians, Canada: hydrothermal fluxes, ocean anoxia, and applications to exploration.
- Graduate research assistantships in contaminant hydrology and aqueous environmental geochemistry