Are you interested in becoming a geoscientist and would you like to join the Department of Earth Sciences as an undergraduate student?
Here are some useful tips to achieve your goal:
- Complete Earth Systems 3209 with the best grades you can get
- Complete your first semester courses in Earth Sciences (1000), English (1080), Mathematics (1000 or 1090), Chemistry (1050 or 1010) and Physics (1050 or 1020) in the fall semester
- You are now ready to apply to the Department to major in Earth Sciences
- In the winter semester complete the second courses in Earth Sciences (1002), English (1110 or equivalent), Mathematics (1001 or 1000), Chemistry (1051 or 1011) and Physics (1051 or 1021)
- Complete five courses every semester. This has several benefits:
- You could finish your Bachelor degree in 4 years
- You may be eligible for scholarships (min 75% average)
- You save a lot of money
- If you have any questions about the Earth Sciences program, please contact the Manager of Academic Programs, Room ER4063, Phone (709)864-4464.