The lab in SN-4022 is designed to allow instructors to teach smaller classes and assign group work. Students taking language courses can also use this facility to practice their second language skills during individual work. SN-4022 has 30 dual boot iMac computers with a variety of software packages available.
Resources include interactive CDs, online grammar tutorials and much more! There is always a student monitor present to help you get started and assist you during your lab session.
- You must have registered for a language course THIS SEMESTER in order to be able to use the computers in SN-4022. Accounts are generated from Banner Self-Service feeds and those held in previous semesters have expired. If you registered late for your course, your account will not be ready until your registration information is uploaded into the Banner system. In this case, you should apply for a DLC account by filling out an application form (available from student staff on duty in SN-4022).
- Students may work in either lab during any of the opening hours, provided a computer is available. Consult the schedule for more information. Please check with the monitor on duty to make sure there is extra space during class lab hours.
- Students must hand in their Student ID card to sign out CDs for individual use in the language centre. We do not have textbooks or lab manuals to lend out, so make sure you bring your own.
- Both labs comprising the Digital Media Centre are wheelchair accessible.
- If students wish to print material relevant to their course-learning, they may do so by presenting a Printing Coupon that they have purchased at the Cashier's Office.
A list of software available.