Register to Attend
Memorial Self Service will be open for graduates to register to attend starting TBD. Please note the system will be unavailable TBD.
To register for convocation, use the Memorial Self Service website. Please register even if you do not plan to attend the ceremony so arrangements can be made to send your parchment to you. Graduates registering to attend after the deadline are not guaranteed guest tickets and will only receive tickets if space is available in the theatre.
- If you will or will not be attending convocation.
- The number of guest tickets you require (not including your own ticket). Each graduand receives their own seating pass and up to three guest tickets. Additional tickets may be allocated if space permits. There will be an announcement posted to www.mun.ca/convocation on October 6, 2017, with information on sessions that have extra tickets available and how to request them. On October 11, 2017, any additional tickets will be made available.
- Academic dress is ordered through a link on Memorial Self Service to Gaspard Ltd. They will collect your information and have your academic dress pre-packaged and waiting for you at the Arts and Culture Centre 60 minutes before your ceremony. If you are deemed academically ineligible to graduate at this session of convocation a refund can be arranged by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must register by the deadline in order to receive your allotment of guest tickets, even if your graduation status is pending. If we do not receive your information by this date, no guest tickets will be issued to you.
The deadline for booking academic dress and processing of information provided to Gaspard Ltd. will be the same as Memorial Self Service. After the deadline you will not be able to make changes.
To confirm you have received your guest ticket allocation, please visit Memorial Self Service after TBD.
Please note that no tickets will be issued through Memorial Self Service to students who have financial or academic restrictions.
- For financial restrictions, call (709) 864-8226.
- For academic restrictions, call (709) 864-8265.
Academic dress for convocation
Rental arrangements for academic dress can be booked begining TBD through Memorial Self Service via the link to Gaspard Ltd. Gaspard will supply all your academic dress requirements. Your reservation will be processed by credit card at the time of ordering.
The cost of academic dress ordered before the registration deadline is $35. After the deadline academic dress is $60 cash. This will be paid when picking up your academic dress on convocation day. If you are deemed academically ineligible to graduate at this session of convocation a refund can be arranged by contacting email@example.com.
Gowns, hoods and hats will all be available at the Arts and Culture Centre 60 minutes prior to your session of convocation. Hats and gowns must be worn at convocation. The hood should be carried on stage by the graduand for the hooding ceremony.
When you pick up your academic dress, please confirm with the attendant the degree(s) you are receiving to ensure that you receive the correct colour hood(s) for the degree(s). If you already hold a degree, you do not wear that hood at this convocation.
There will be attendants collecting hoods and gowns in the coat check area after your ceremony. These materials should be returned before you leave the Arts and Culture Centre. The hat is yours to keep.
Academic dress that is not returned immeditely after the ceremony will be the responsibility of the graduate and must be returned to Gaspard's warehouse in Montreal.
Academic dress for photographs
The provision of academic dress for photography service only, is provided through the Bookstore. For details on that service, please contact the St. John's Campus Bookstore.
You can request up to three guest tickets when you register on time for convocation via Memorial Self Service. There will be an announcement posted to www.mun.ca/convocation on October 6, 2017 with information on sessions that have extra tickets available and how to request them. On October 11, 2017, any additional tickets will be made available.
Tickets for convocation ceremonies will be available on site at the Arts and Culture Centre. You may pick them up on the day of your ceremony 60 minutes prior to your ceremony. Please follow the directional signage to collect tickets. (Tickets will not be at the Arts and Culture Centre Box Office.)
When you pick up your tickets please have one guest available that can take your additional tickets. They will then be required to depart the area designated for graduating students. You will then proceed with your own seating ticket to join the other graduating students picking up academic dress rentals and stage cards.
Guests will be permitted to enter the theatre one hour before the ceremony begins.