Application for access to ITS Services for Non-MUN Employees
Information Technology Services (ITS) recognizes that there are times when individuals unaffiliated with Memorial University may require access to ITS services in the course of engaging in university business. The following services are commonly requested by non-MUN employees:
- MUN Email Account - Exchange or Webmail
- File Share Access
- Wireless Internet
- Remote Access - VPN or Remote Desktop
- MEE Encryption Account
To accommodate requests of this nature, ITS advises that you review and follow the process outlined below.
Requesting access to ITS services for non-MUN employees
1) A university representative, on behalf of the client (non-MUN employee), contacts the Service Desk requesting access to an ITS service and Service Desk staff create a ticket to track the request.
ITS Service Desk contacts:
- phone: 864-4595
- email: email@example.com
2) Download and complete the following forms.
- Application for access to ITS Services for Non-MUN Employees
- Undertaking of Confidentiality and Security for Non-MUN Employees form
Department Head must complete and authorize the application form on behalf of the non-employee who will be using the ITS service. The Non-MUN employee must complete the Undertaking of Confidentiality and Security for Non-MUN Employees form.
3) Once the forms are completed they should be submitted to the Service Desk:
- counter visit: HH2012
- fax: 864-3514
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
4) Upon receipt of the authorized and completed forms, the application will be reviewed and processed. Questions relating to the application will be sent to the university representative who initiated the request.
5) Once the request is processed the Service Desk will contact the university representative who initiated the request providing them with details regarding account access.
Please note: All service accounts must be named accounts owned and used by an individual client. Generic accounts which may be used by multiple people are not permitted.
Updated: January 12, 2016