First Year Experience Survey (FYE)
The focus of the First Year Experience (FYE) Survey is the first year cohort entering each Fall semester.
The FYE is conducted at the end of the following Winter semester in the months of March and April. The FYE is not done in the same year as NSSE.
The content of the questionnaire has evolved over the years and currently focuses on the following aspects of first year university life:
- The transition of new students from secondary to post-secondary studies and life at Memorial,
- The impact of the first year of university on skills development and abilities,
- Satisfaction with the various services available to students,
- Overall levels of satisfaction with the university experience.
Summary reports of recent editions of the FYE can be found below:
- Summary of 2016 survey [2016 online questionnaire]
- Summary of 2015 survey [2015 online questionnaire]
- Summary of 2013 survey [2013 online questionnaire]
- Summary of 2012 survey [2012 online questionnaire]