Getting MUN Credit for Exchange Courses

In order to receive transfer credit for courses which you do on exchange programmes, you need to apply for transfer credit for each course when you return to Memorial. You should complete an Application for Transfer Credit Evaluation form from the Registrar's Office. Be sure to bring back course descriptions and copies of reading lists and assignments and submit with your request for transfer credit to the Registrar's Office. The host University will send us an official transcript. Once courses are assessed, you will receive transfer credit for equivalent courses at MUN if they exist or, failing that, unspecified credits at the appropriate level. The courses and credits count toward graduation requirements, but Memorial does not translate or factor in the grades which you receive. The host Universitites assign credit to their schema and in ECTS (European Credit Transfer System) credits. Generally, 6-7 ECTS credits are equal to three of our own. For further information, contact Ms. Barbara Adams at the Registrar's Office.