Parents need to be aware of their role in career development. Research demonstrates that parents’ comments, beliefs and interactions with their children may have a profound influence on their child’s vocational development.
The Centre for Career Development can share resources with parents to share with their student.
- Ways to assist your student
- The high five messages of career development
- Directions newsletter
- Helping your student make informed career decisions (PDF)
- Top tips for making a successful transition to university
- How can parents participate?
- Ways to help your student through university and into the workforce
- Helicopter parents
- Eight positive ways to help your student
- Becoming Adult: How Teenagers Prepare for the World of Work (2000)
- Ready or Not, Here Life Comes (2005)
A complete list of topics that our Resource Library.
- Academic Advising Centre – www.mun.ca/regoff/advising/
- Convocation – www.mun.ca/convocation/steps_2008/
- Counseling Centre – www.mun.ca/counselling/home/
- Academic Diary – www.mun.ca/regoff/calendar/sectionNo=GENINFO-0086
- Health and Wellness – www.mun.ca/student/healthy/
- Housing, Food, and Conference Services – http://www.mun.ca/hfcs
- Office of the Registrar – www.mun.ca/regoff
- Programs and Courses – www.mun.ca/programs/
- Scholarships/Bursaries/Awards and other Financial Aid – www.mun.ca/scholarships/home/
- Student Recruitment – www.mun.ca/become/