Service Name: Microsoft Exchange Service
Information Technology Services (ITS) provides a clustered Microsoft Exchange service on a campus-wide basis. The Exchange service provides e-mail, calendaring, and scheduling abilities via a Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Web interface.
- Information Technology Services Technical Support Group (TSG) supports the Exchange server environment (clustered servers, Active Directory, file share), and manages the user licenses on a cost-recovery basis via a Service Level Agreement (SLA). The outcome is a reliable and secure access to Microsoft Exchange environment integrating the data, scheduling, and calendaring functions of the Exchange server.
- The service is available to current Memorial faculty and staff authorized by a SLA, the Separately Incorporated Entities (SIE) of the University, and its affiliates authorized by a SLA.
How to request this service:
By phone, email, fax, and in person:
- Service requests can be submitted by completing an online form.
- Service requests are made via select SLA forms and managed using Remedy incident management processes. Schedule F forms are now available online for authorized SLA contacts.
Out of Scope:
- Users not covered by a Service Level Agreement.
- Domain equipment not owned by Memorial.
- This is a critical service and is available 24/7 except during scheduled maintenance windows. Planned maintenance windows and unplanned outage notifications are found at: http://www.mun.ca/cc/.
- TSG manages the mail queues to ensure prompt responsive delivery of email.
- TSG provides Exchange account activation, set up resource mailbox access, and provision for license. A service request for Microsoft Exchange service is resolved within five business days.
Processes and Tools:
- Service Desk uses Remedy application for incident management, tracking, and work-flow.
- SLA request forms (new account, delete account, account changes)
- Service outages are managed through the RFC ITIL process.
Accountabilities and Key Roles:
- Service Desk provides front-line client liaison.
- The Personal Computing Group provides the install, setup of user desktop environment.
- The Technical Support Group assigns service role specialists.
- The Manager, TSG, is responsible for contract renewal and license purchase
Key Performance Indicators:
- Number of users.
- Number of CAL licenses.
- Data volume.
- E-mail volume.
Revision: March 2014
Service Owner: Manager, Technical Support Group