Datacenter Sustainment Project (DCS)
Computing and Communications (C&C) is embarking on a new project to oversee and execute the replacement of end-of-lease equipment in the Datacenter. C&C will be working closely with hardware vendors as we replace servers, perform upgrades, etc. This project promotes evergreening in the datacenter, preventing the retention of aging and potentially problematic hardware and is scheduled to start late May.
End of lease equipment includes:
- The majority of C&C production servers
- SAN Storage
- Tape backup systems
- Maintain or improve service levels
- Increase and better utilize SAN storage capacity
- Maximize investments in people and technologies
- Increased capacity
- Improved delivery time of disk space
- Improved stability: resiliency
- Promoting of ever greening
For more information or help please contact the Service Desk by e-mail: email@example.com , by phone: (709) 864-4595 or by completing an Online Help Request Form.