We will be offering five field trips at the 2013 meeting, subject to adequate numbers. To learn more about each trip, please click on the trip titles.
Pre-conference trips (Saturday, August 10, 2013):
- Clay Pipes and Fossils: A Field Trip to Ferryland and Mistaken Point (day trip)
- Industry on the Isthmus (day trip)UPDATED JUNE 7, 2013: This trip has been cancelled due to insufficient numbers. All registered participants will receive a full refund.
Post-conference trips (Friday, August 16, 2013):
- Conception Bay "Outports" Excursion: "A Trip Around The Bay" (day trip)
- Northeast Avalon: Natural Hazards in a Coastal Landscape (day trip)
During the conference, there will be a free field trip in the afternoon of Wednesday, August 14. There are three options:
- Cape Spear and North Head
- Cape Spear and Petty Harbour/Maddox Cove
- A walking tour of St. John's
For more information on the free field trip, please visit the trip page.
Note that space is limited for all events and participants will be taken in the order registered. You are not registered for a field trip unless the fees have been paid in full. The CAG 2013 organizers reserve the right to cancel any event with insufficient numbers. All fees are payable in Canadian dollars, through the registration module.
Cancellation requests received by June 1, 2013, will incur a 50% cancellation fee. No refunds will be issued after this date. If field trips are cancelled due to insufficient enrolment, your field trip fees will be refunded.
We will do our best to accommodate any dietary restriction. If you have any, please email us at cag2013 [at] mun.ca with the subject "Dietary restrictions: [name of field trip]" by June 1, 2013. We cannot guarantee accommodations after this time.