New Plant Showcase
|(issued on: Tuesday 1st May 2012)|
General Public Invitation: New Plant Showcase Sunday August 26, 2012
MUN Botanical Garden presents the New Plant Showcase, featuring new plant introductions and/or plants deemed worthy of trialing in our Newfoundland and Labrador climate.
Included with regular admission, there will be a “1/2 hour pot talk’ tour highlighting the new plants at the following times: 10 a.m., noon and 2 p.m.
These plants are featured in over 30 creatively designed pots for both sun and shade. All the plants (annuals, shrub roses, and a selection of rock garden perennials) are being evaluated on their performance, growth characteristics and special traits. There are also selected new shrubs in the trial planted in our new Asian Garden.
Please join us on Sunday, August 26 to learn more about some exciting plants in the landscape and to vote for your favourite plants! Your input will help us determine the People’s Favourite!
For more information, please contact MUN Botanical Garden at 864-8590.
And From Away:
All News & Events
- Botanical Garden Opening (issued: Saturday 9th March 2013)
- Biodiversity Day (issued: Saturday 9th March 2013)
- Spring Workshops (issued: Sunday 10th March 2013)
- Summer Camp Registration (issued: Monday 11th March 2013)
- About the Garden TV (issued: Wednesday 13th March 2013)
- Conference Room Facilities (issued: Tuesday 19th March 2013)