Join the Friends of the Garden
Exciting changes are taking place and, in support of MUN Botanical Garden's strategic plan, FOG has revised its membership structure and the Garden has re-introduced season passes.
You can, therefore, now choose one of the following two options:
- Become a MUN Botanical Garden 2017 Season Pass Holder and enjoy Pass Holder benefits as listed.
- Or, if you are interested in volunteering either occasionally or regularly for any of FOG and/or MUN Botanical Garden events, activities, groups, or programs you can join the Friends of the Garden (FOG) as a volunteer.
|MUN Student||Supportive Friend||Active Friend|
|A full-time MUN student able to volunteer for at least 30 hours April 1st 2016 and March 31st 2017 and who will complete assigned tasks under the supervision of the Volunteer Coordinator or other individual as assigned. Resume & references required with FOG membership form.||An individual who anticipates volunteering less than 30 hours between April 1, 2017 and March 31, 2018 and who agrees to abide by FOG's and MUNBG’s health, safety and insurance requirements for volunteer activities.||An individual who was a FOG member in good standing in 2016 and who (1) volunteered at least 30 hours of between April 1st 2016 and March 31st 2017, (2) anticipates volunteering at least 30 hours between April 1, 2017 and March 31, 2018 and (3) agrees to abide by FOG's and MUNBG’s health, safety and insurance requirements for volunteer activities.|
• 10% discount for most of the Garden’s workshops
• 10% discount on Garden Gift Shop items (some exceptions apply)
• Automatically added to the Botanical Garden email news-line when available
• Advanced registration privileges for FOG organized Workshops
• Entry to FOG Members Only Spring and Fall Plant Sales
Please print out and fill in the following membership form: 2018-2019 FOG Volunteer Membership Form or pick up a paper copy from the Garden's Field Centre.
After completing the Volunteer Membership Form, there will be 3 options for method of payment:
- Mail in the completed membership form with a cheque made out to the Friends of MUN Botanical Garden
- Bring your completed membership form to the Garden's Field Centre and pay at the desk
- Pick up and fill out a form from the Garden's Field Centre then pay at the desk
Cash, Credit and Debit cards are accepted forms of payment at the desk.
Free 2017 Season Passes to the Garden are awarded to FOG Active Friends and Supportive Friends when their total volunteer hours for FOG membership year 2017-2018 reach 30 hours. Full-time MUN students enjoy free admission to the Garden. Five “Garden guest passes” are also offered at the start of the membership year to Active Friends after volunteering for 30 hours during the last membership year as a token of thanks for their volunteer commitment and in support of both the Garden’s and FOG’s ongoing efforts to attract more visitors and additional volunteers.
Please note: tax receipts are issued for donations made to the Friends of the Garden. For more information on donating, click here.
For further information please contact:
Friends of the Garden
c/o MUN Botanical Garden
Memorial University of Newfoundland
St. John's, NL, A1C 5S7