2017 Junior Naturalist Summer Camp
Advance registration is now available online to Family Season Pass holders. Upon confirmaton of your family seaon pass purchase you will be sent your 10% discount code and a link to register for camp.
Public registration will open May 1, 2017 at 10am and will be available on this website and at our Visitor Services desk. Please go to our Registration page.
Become a Junior Naturalist and explore the great outdoors. Mingle with plants, animals and everything in between. Five days of nature activities - adventures galore!
Full-Day Junior Naturalist Camps
- Available to children who have just completed Kindergarten to Grade 6
- Run from 9am - 4pm, Monday-Friday (including any holidays)
Half-Day Junior Naturalist Camps
- Available to children who have just completed Kindergarten to Grade 3
- Run from 9am - 1pm, Monday-Friday (including any holidays)
Please note: Preschool children and/or children starting Kindergarten in September cannot be accepted.
New for 2017
- We will be offerng early drop off (8:15am) and late pick up (5pm), for an extra fee of $20/week/camper, and early drop off for $10/week/camper for half day camps
- We are now offering some full day camps for children who have completed Kindergarten
- Our camps for youth who have completed grades 4-6 will now run concurrently with our camps for younger children, opening up many more spaces for both age groups
- We have added a 10th week of camp for those who are looking for opportunities for the last week of the summer
What is Junior Naturalist Camp?
Our summer camps have been running since 1998 and have increased in length, and size since that time. Due to popular demand and a high return rate of our campers many of our camps fill up before public registration begins on May 1st. Many families register their children for 2 weeks of camps with us, but we do limit registration to 3 weeks maximum.
All camps take place OUTSIDE, whether rain or shine. Appropriate clothing is mandatory. Drop off, lunch time, and pick up take place in our classroom, and we may also head inside for special presentations, and in severe weather. Please be sure your child likes being outside, and enjoys playing, and hiking in nature before registering them in one of our summer camps.
All of our camps focus on a respect for nature and encourage learning through experience and play. Although our mornings are often structured, children are frequently given free time to explore, learn, share, and play all while being supervised by MUN university students and Garden staff who share their passion for nature and the environment.
Please visit our Camp Schedule page for our 2017 camp offerings as well as the daily schedule.
Please visit Camp Topics for some of the many things we do during the week of camp.
This program is funded in part by the Government of Canada.