Booking Your GoBus
How Do I Book My On-Campus Transportation?
All bookings must be made with the GoBus dispatcher:
- Tel: 709-368-8887
- TTY: 709-368-1620
- Fax: 709-368-1943
- E-mail: email@example.com
- In person: 1147 Topsail Road, Unit #3, Mount Pearl, NL A1N 5G2
When booking a ride, you will be required to provide the following information to the GoBus dispatcher:
- Your name
- Date(s) and time you require this service;
- A home, cell, or emergency phone number;
- Pick-up and drop-off locations (accessible entrances);
- Type of disability (i.e., visual, mobility, etc.);
- Whether an attendant or service animal will be travelling with you;
- Any other pertinent information required by GoBus.
Please note that you should book your rides as early as possible as there are only so many buses on the road; and once a time slot is full, you will not be able to get the time you are requesting.
You are expected to be at the specified pick-up location on time, but if possible, it is advised that you be prepared to be picked up as early as 15 minutes before the time you requested. In the event you are delayed, a driver will wait only five (5) minutes. Persons who consistently make the bus wait will be referred to the Para-Transit Coordinator (and the Blundon Centre) for review. GoBus has a responsibility to other passengers, and must maintain the schedule.If you miss your ride, then you can call the dispatcher to request another pick-up time, but you will have to wait until a vehicle is available.Please allow 15 minutes past a scheduled pick-up time for a vehicle to arrive before calling GoBus. If a GoBus vehicle is going to be delayed more than half an hour, the dispatcher, where possible, will contact affected passengers.
For more information, refer to the GoBus Accessible Transit User Handbook. It has been referenced throughout this document.