Midterm and Final examination format & instructions
1. You are expected to prepare
answers ahead of time for all of the posted examination questions;
exams will be marked on this assumption.
2. Your answer for each question should fit on the front & back of one
lined sheet of paper. You may sketch figures.
3. For the midterm exam, I will select four questions: answer any two of these. For the final
exam, I will select five questions, answer any to of
these. For either exam, you may not answer the question
based on you group's presentation.
4. You may bring handwritten notes for your prepared
answers, for the midterm on one side, for
the final on two sides of an 8.5 x 11
sheet of paper. [Please don't
try to cram complete essays onto this page!]. I will collect the
note sheet at the end of the exams.
5. You will have one hour to answer the two midterm
questions, and two hours to answer the three final
All text material ©2014 by Steven M. Carr