1)Pre-Final Help Session
Thursday April 13, 2017
@ 2:30-4:30 PM
2) Video: DNA - Episode 4 of 5 -
This is the webpage for BIOL2060: Principles of Cell Biology (Dr. Brian E. Staveley's Lectures)
Extremely helpful hint: Read through the notes and textbook
Remember, it's always easier to learn, if the lecture in the classroom is a review and explanation instead of the first exposure to new and challenging material.
To more fully understand the course material ...
1) Read the chapter(s), examine the figures and review the notes prior to coming to class.
2) Bring the notes to class to avoid excess writing.
3) Take additional notes (the web notes are only the beginning of the required material).
4) You may wish to bring the textbook and/or figures to lable.
5) Work through the Problem Sets at the end of each chapter.
1-6. Introduction to
Cell Biology (A Review)
7-8. Membrane Structure. Function and Transport
9-11. Energy Metabolism: Glycolysis and Fermentation, Aerobic Respiration & Photosynthesis
12. Endomembrane System
13. Signal Transduction in Nerve Cells
14. Receptors and Messengers in Signal Transduction
16. Cell Movement, Motility and Contractility
17. Extracellular Structures
18. DNA, Chromosomes and the Nucleus
19. Cell Cycle
20. Meiosis and Sexual Reproduction
22. Protein Synthesis
23. Regulation of Gene Expression
Video: DNA - Episode 4 of 5 - Curing.Cancer - PBS Documentary
Please note that in my dedication to provide the most up-to-date and
correct set of notes, the following may be edited as the class progresses.
In that spirit, please report any errors or broken links to me when found.
You must have it before the first lab time because you must read the
first laboratory exercise (and answer the required questions).
Labs start during week of January 9, 2017.
Laboratory room is SN4092.
MUN Faculty of Science Summer Undergraduate Research Awards SURA (With NSERC-USRA)
MUN Medicine Summer Undergraduate Research Awards SURA (Deadline TBA)
Faculty of Science Summer Undergraduate Research Awards SURA (Deadline TBA)
Student Work And Service Program (SWASP): (Deadline TBA)
Memorial Undergraduate Career Experience Program (MUCEP): (Deadline TBA)
Work Experience Program (ISWEP): (Deadline TBA)
Please note that all material is subject to change.
email me at email@example.com