Biochemistry Alumni in the News
Biochemistry Alumni make it into the news media for all sorts of good reasons. Here are some instances that we know of. If you come across others, please let us know.
- Breanne Coady (2012) was interviewed about her experiences as a Varsity wrestler.
- Mike Dawe (2007) is a member of the "Rolling Kings", a Celtic rock band that has been featured on the CBC St. John's Morning Show. Their recently-released first album, Raise a Glass, features a song - Streets of George - written by Mike when he was an undergraduate.
- Jason Roberts (2001) is a co-developer of a new bedside DNA test to determine how patients will react to medication after heart surgery.
- Jamie Parsons (1997) was awarded a Distinguished Service Award by Youth Science Canada for many years working with science fairs at both the local and national levels.
- René Jacobs (1996 ) was recently recognized as teacher of the year in the Department of Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science at the University of Alberta.
- Tom Belbin (1990) watched the Twin Towers fall on 9/11 from his office at Albert Einstein College of Medicine.