Nomination to the Dean’s List for Arts shall be made at the end of the winter semester on the basis of academic performance in the nominating period, which comprises the three preceding semesters, Spring, Fall and Winter.
A maximum of ten percent of students declared in degree programs in the Faculty of Arts will be named to the Dean’s List of the Faculty of Arts and selected according to the following criteria:
1. They shall be registered for the degree of B.A. or B.A. (Honours) by the end of the Winter semester of the nominating period, or they shall have completed the requirements for the degree of B.A. or B.A. (Honours) during the nominating period.
If they have earned 48 credit hours or more, they shall have declared a major program for the degree of B.A. or B.A. (Honours) by the end of the nominating period.
2. Students who have NOT graduated with a B.A. or B.A. (Honours) during the nominating period shall have completed at least 9 courses (27 credit hours) over two of the three semesters of the nominating period, with
they shall have completed at least 10 courses (30 credit hours) during the three semesters of the nominating period with
3. Students who have graduated with a B.A. or B.A. (Honours) during the nominating period shall have obtained
1. For purposes of these criteria, “course” shall mean a unit of work in a particular subject normally extending through one semester or session, the successful completion of which carries credit toward the fulfilment of the requirements of the degrees of Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Arts (Honours), or the joint degrees of Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Commerce (Cooperative).
2. Students with a declared major in Arts who are concurrently pursuing a degree program at Memorial University other than a B.A., a B.A. (Honours) or a joint B.A./B. Comm. (Co-op) must complete at least five courses (15 credit hours) offered by departments or programs in the Faculty of Arts during the nominating period. In these Arts courses, students shall:
Other nominations to the Dean’s List may be made at the discretion of the Dean of Arts for performance of exceptional merit.
Students who do not meet the normal criteria but who feel that they should be considered under this provision are asked to contact the Associate Dean of Arts (Undergraduate).