Are you an Arts student wondering which jobs you might be able to get with your degree? Perhaps you would like to know what you can do to start building your experiences now, present a stronger resume on completion of your degree, and therefore have a better chance of acquiring work in your chosen area of study. If so, consider ArtsWorks.
ArtsWorks is a nationally award-winning program that provides Arts students or students considering an Arts degree with the opportunity to bridge classroom learning with practical application of skills to ease transition from university to post-graduate opportunities. In other words, it helps better prepare students for the job market. ArtsWorks will help you:
For information about ArtsWorks please contact:
Faculty of Arts/Career Development & Experiential Learning
- connect job titles and organizations to your area of study and interest
- focus on your transferable skills
- learn resume, cover letter, job seeking and interview techniques
- start building a network on and off campus
- utilize social media and eportfolios your professional purposes
- explore options: internships, academic programs, study abroad opportunities
- attend networking events and start meeting potential employers
- learn professional skills and workplace etiquette
- volunteer with a community agency.
ArtsWorks is a one semester program where you'll attend focused, interactive sessions and workshops and gain experience in a community organization. You'll come away with a great start on your future!
ArtsWorks is open to all Arts students who have completed at least one full year of study. If space permits, students with less than 30 credit hours may qualify.