Please Enter a Search Term
New Changes Coming for the 2012/2013 Academic Year
Electronic Confirmation of Enrollment (ECE)
Master Student Financial Assistance Agreement (MSFAA)
For the 2012/13 academic year MSFAA and ECE will eliminate the need to have a loan certificate issued and signed for each award/disbursement.
- Apply for financial assistance through the existing electronic or paper application process
- Once your application has been assessed and approved for funding, you will be sent a Notice of Assessment and a MSFAA. These will be sent to the address indicated on your application.
Master Student Financial Assistance Agreement
- When approved for your first student loan beginning May 2012, you will be required to sign one Master Student Financial Assistance Agreement for the duration of your borrowing; however, if there has been a two year break in studies you will be required to sign a second MSFAA.
- You must immediately complete the appropriate sections and mail your MSFAA to the National Student Loan Service Centre (NSLSC) via a designated Canada Post outlet *, bring along:
- Your Social Insurance Number Card or a copy of your Canada Revenue Agency Notice of Assessment;
- An official government-issued photo identification; and
- A personal void cheque. If you do not have a cheque, your bank or credit union can help you complete the electronic funds transfer section of the MSFAA.
* For a list of designated Canada Post outlets visit: www.CanLearn.ca
Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment
- You will no longer be required to pick up a loan certificate at your educational institution, have it signed and forwarded to the NSLSC.
- For students studying within Canada, this process will now be electronic; your educational institution will verify your enrolment to the NSLSC.
- For students studying out of country; a Confirmation of Enrolment Form will be mailed to you. You will need to obtain signatures from your educational institution and have the form returned to Student Financial Services on or after the first day of classes. Student Financial Services will then forward this information to the NSLSC.
- Once the NSLSC has confirmed receipt of your MSFAA and Confirmation of Enrolment, your financial assistance will be deposited to your bank account and/or sent directly to your educational institution to pay tuition fees.
- One-time loan agreement issued for the lifetime of your educational borrowing, provided any break in studies is not more than two years.
- Faster delivery of funds.
- No line-up to pick up a loan certificate.
Any questions or concerns about the MSFAA and ECE can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 864-7461. Answers may require your name, student number, and mailing address for identification purposes.
Students from outside the province can collect their loans at the Scholarships and Awards office, UC 4016.
To find out more about the National Student Loan Service Center, visit www.canlearn.ca