David Richards, BA'75
David Richards is a Fellow of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Alberta and holds a Bachelors degree (BA) from Memorial University. David articled as a Chartered Accountant with PriceWaterhouseCoopers and was admitted to partnership in 1986. He was Partner-in-Charge of the Calgary taxation practice from 1990 to 1993 and later joined Arthur Andersen as senior tax partner. In 1997 David founded Network Capital Management Inc. a registered portfolio manager end exempt market dealer. David has an extensive board experience including:
- Member of the Board of Wilmington Capital
- Management Inc., Mood Media Corporation, Standard Exploration Ltd. and SDX Energy.
- Past Trustee and Chairman of the Governance and Compensation
- Committee of the Movie Distribution Income Fund,
- Past Trustee of Boardwalk REIT.
- Past Director and Chairman of the Audit Committee of Parkbridge Lifestyle Communities Inc.,
- Former Director and Chairman of Realex Properties Corporation,
- David was previously Chairman of the Board of the TGS North American Real Estate Investment Trust .
- In the past David has served on the board of Valiant Energy Ltd., Recap Energy Inc. (Executive Chairman), Forte Oil and Gas Ltd., Signal Energy Inc. and Bear Ridge Resources Ltd.
David is Past President of the Alberta Chamber of Commerce and a past Vice-President of the Calgary Chamber of Commerce. David has presented technical papers at a variety of professional organizations, was a lecturer at the University of Calgary and was a columnist for the Calgary Herald newspaper.