The college has been erected as a Memorial to those who fought and fell in the hope that by their sacrifice their country might be made a better and happier place for their fellow men. Can we doubt that those who strove to establish the college and succeeded in spite of all difficulties were inspired with that spirit of service, and is it not possible that the building itself . . . is not already endowed with that same spirit?
– St. John’s Evening Telegram, Sept. 16, 1925