Our team brings a combined total of over 100 years of experience in the aquaculture industry with experience in marine biology, shellfish and finfish aquaculture. This experience includes research, development, teaching and extension services.
With a background in finfish nutrition and extensive experience in fish husbandry and culture biology (reproductive physiology, seed supply, grow out, health management and culture systems for marine invertebrates) our team is an important ally for any project where aquatic health is key to success.
Our expertise ranges from evaluating novel anesthetics, water quality monitoring, and conducting site assessments, to designing aquaculture systems and recirculation technology. Our team also has access to aquatic veterinary expertise via links with provincial and federal government departments.
You can rely on our scientific expertise and superior research facilities for the development and delivery of customized services for the aquatic health sector including:
- Pathogen screening: bacteria, fungi, parasite identification
- Product testing via quarantine facilities
- Disease challenge studies and monitoring
- Wild fish pathogen surveys
- Modelling of marine bio-fouling organisms
- Product efficacy testing
- Furunculosis stress testing
- Flesh quality of farmed fish
- Aquaculture site evaluations
- Aquatic ecosystem monitoring at site (marine or freshwater)
- Development and assessment of quality assurance standards
- Nutritional studies and feed formulation
- Ecosystem health assessments