Transfer Credits for Enriched High School Courses
Memorial University recognizes, for transfer credit, certain enriched high school courses:
- Advanced Placement (AP) Program. Minimum scores apply.
- International Baccalaureate (IB)
- Credit for individual IB courses does not require completion of the IB Diploma. Minimum scores apply.
- G.C.E. A/AS Levels
- Math 3208 (NL High School students)
- Students will be eligible to write the Calculus Placement Test (CPT). There will be one writing of the CPT in June and one in September. Eligible students are strongly advised to write in June. Students who successfully complete the CPT will be eligible to register for Math 1001 (Calculus II) in their first (or subsequent) semester, i.e. they will be given credit for Math 1000 (Calculus I). Students who do not pass the CPT will have direct entry to Math 1000 (Calculus I) provided they achieve a final mark of at least 75 per cent in Math 3200.
- Earth Systems 3209 (NL High School students)
- Students who complete Earth Systems 3209 may be eligible to receive credit (three credit hours) in the undergraduate course Earth Sciences 1000. This is subject to meeting a minimum grade in Earth Systems 3209 and submission of a Challenge for Credit application with the Office of the Registrar upon completion of the public examination for this course.
Further advice on transfer credits at Memorial is available from the Admissions office at firstname.lastname@example.org